Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
How to choose kitchen Hood, Hob & Oven ?
There are so many brands in the market, Electrolux, Elba, Rubine, Tuscani, Faber, Teka, Fotile, Whirlpool, Rinnai, Cornell, Bosch, Tellini, Lebenstill, Leben, Fujioh, Ikka, Pacific, Pacifica, Vees and many more. So which one of them is the best? Here is a discussion after reading and doing your own research, you decide which is the best.

1) Good Suction
High suction power does not equal to good suction. Many brands in malaysia actually over rate their suction power as there is no government body here to verify the figures. How do we check? Very simple, if the suction power is high 1400 - 1800m3/h, the hood will definitely be very noisy. So, check with the seller whether the hood has any added technology to reduce noise such as insulation? If no, then 100% the suction power is inaccurate.

2) Oil cup (dont use mesh filters)
Hood without oil cups are no good as mesh filters with many layers (4 - 7 layers) will be used to trap oil, preventing it from dripping. As the air inlet holes are very small to trap oil, the MESH gets clogged easily and restricting air flow. YOu might be using a 1400m3/h suction hood but when it is clogged, u will get less than 800m3/h.

My best recommendation will be FOTILE EMS9020, value for money with good performance. You can check my reviews with
http://fotilesale.blogspot.my/

https://www.facebook.com/pg/builders.har...=page_info
BUILDERS HARDWARE ENTERPRISE
46, Jalan Ambong 1, Kepong Baru
Tel : 03-62572412
Biz Hour : Mon - Sat, 9am - 6pm
Interesting topic. You should choose your hood and hob carefully because kitchen is one of the places where you will spend quite a lot of time (if you are one of those family who cooks daily).

I'd like to add some other considerations below :

3) Available sizes and designs
Unless you have unlimited counter space (which many of us may not have), you should carefully choose the available hood and hob sizes and whether they fit your kitchen floorplan. Choose a hob too big, your cabinet and counter may end up with tight clearance (check with your contractor). Choose one too small, your bigger pots and pans may not fit side by side. So measure wisely.

4) Easy to clean and leak-proof
Boiling overflow and oil splatter can make a mess on your kitchen hob. Some hobs allows you to take apart many parts easily for cleaning. Others may have hidden corners where dirt and cooking oil can seep through. Stainless steel and tempered glass are better material for easy cleaning. However, I believe most brands today are designed for this factor. Ask the seller thoroughly for easy-cleaning and leak-proofing features.

5) Service
Does the brand has a local presence? When you are calling for services or parts replacement, you will be glad to know they have a office nearby (if you are staying in Johor, you don't want to wait for them to come down from KL). Usually those with local office has more technicians readily available to attend to you.

6) Soft or hard hood duct (the pipe that connects your hood to the external cap)
If your hood duct is built or hidden in a cabinet, you can use soft hood duct as the cabinet will support the duct. If you are using a chimney or exposed design without cabinet, you should use hard hood duct to prevent it from falling and shaking too much when the hood suction is in operation.

Personally, I did have experience using Fotile and it is a decent brand.
thanks Smile
went to exhibition, sincero claims that using their electric hob, we do not need to get a hood as there will be very minimal smoke and smell, is that true?

For a budget of RM 3k, what would you recommend?
(05-12-2017, 02:57 PM)Yuki Wrote: went to exhibition, sincero claims that using their electric hob, we do not need to get a hood as there will be very minimal smoke and smell, is that true?

For a budget of RM 3k, what would you recommend?

Not true, u will still have smoke and odor problem. Check the youtube video below, skip to 2min 30sec. Searing a beef steak using induction cooker, lots of smoke generated as well.

For RM 3k, i would recommend u to get Fotile EMS 9020 + GCG 90201. If u cook a lot, u might wanna get GCG 90301 as this is the best 3 burner hob, able to cook with all 3 wok/pots at the same time.
[Image: YYBnFXE.png]

if u need more info, can also read up my blog
http://fotilesale.blogspot.my/2017/11/fo...90201.html
How about Robam are they good? Was looking at rinnai until i was introduced to Robam. They claim that they have the strongest suction power hood.
what is the best hood for condo? any suggestion? went to a few places, still undecided. Brand wise, i would prefer FOTILE but the suction power is too low, does it really work?
(05-12-2017, 11:17 PM)Spidey Wrote: How about Robam are they good? Was looking at rinnai until i was introduced to Robam. They claim that they have the strongest suction power hood.

Yes Robam is famous for strong suction and the tornado method of suction. However, with the stronger the suction power, the noisier the hood. I dont sell robam so cant tell u much but u may check with the seller and see how they reply you

1) If your suction  power is so high, is your hood very noisy? If not noisy, what technology or insulation used to reduce noise level? If none = he is lying.

2) From what i know, the best method of smoke & oil extraction is to get the hood as near as the pot/wok (less distance) so some people got for slanted hood like FOTILE JQG9009s. So by using tornado method, wont the distance increased ? standard chimney hood installation heigh is 750mm, by spinning upwards instead of going straight up, wont that increases the distance from 750mm to 1000mm or more? why would that be better? And with the high speed rotation like a tornado, wont that seperate oil out from the smoke and causing the surrounding area to be oily?

(05-12-2017, 11:27 PM)Icebomb Wrote: what is the best hood for condo? any suggestion? went to a few places, still undecided. Brand wise, i would prefer FOTILE but the suction power is too low, does it really work?

r u allowed to hack a hole at the wall to duct out the hose? DO check with management first
saw Livinox in exhibition, it has auto clean and they are giving huge discounts, 50% cheaper than Electrolux. But wife prefer Electrolux . . . . . why should i pay more ? Is Livinox reliable ?
cannot hack, looking for recycle hood. How is Fotile EMS9021r compared to other brands?