RenoTalk | Renovation Forum Malaysia - Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom, Furnishing and more!
tiles loose - Printable Version

+- RenoTalk | Renovation Forum Malaysia - Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom, Furnishing and more! (https://renotalk.my/forum)
+-- Forum: Renovation (https://renotalk.my/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Tiles (https://renotalk.my/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: tiles loose (/thread-207.html)

tiles loose - nooruz - 29-11-2017

hi

i have a few pieces of 4 x 4 tiles on the floor loose.. sometimes giving krekk krekk sound when i step on it.

what is the best way to DIY to fix this? 

i tried putting some cement in the gap between tiles but it come off after a while.. i cannot lift the tiles because it is too heavy, may break the tiles  Confused

tengkiu

RE: tiles loose - Chong Kian Yoong - 30-11-2017

(29-11-2017, 11:35 AM)nooruz Wrote: hi

i have a few pieces of 4 x 4 tiles on the floor loose.. sometimes giving krekk krekk sound when i step on it.

what is the best way to DIY to fix this? 

i tried putting some cement in the gap between tiles but it come off after a while.. i cannot lift the tiles because it is too heavy, may break the tiles  Confused

tengkiu

hi, regarding your problem, i suggest you retiles. This problem i having before. I still same as you doing some diy job but fail. than my friend recommend me this person Mr 0107768278. He have explain to me regarding my problem. His price are reasonable, reliable, and he is very responsible. i think you can try to call him to ssalve your problem.

Good luck

RE: tiles loose - nooruz - 02-12-2017

Thanks bro. Can I can just retile a few pieces or the whole floor (yikes Cry )?

I know have to retile one day, but just did renovation and the tiles are new actually.. maybe poor workmanship.. but I didn't check properly during handover. So if there is any temporary measures, I would happy to try it... while I save up for another reno on the tiles (another yikes Cry Cry )

RE: tiles loose - wongsifu - 08-12-2017

Hi nooruz, as suggested above, re-tiling is the right way to properly fix your loose tiles. Depending on the extent of the problem eg. how many tiles affected, which part (center or on the sides), etc. you may need to retile only the affected area or the whole floor.

Re-grouting does not work as the base of your tiles are already loose, so the grout will break easily. But as a temporary measure you can try this method - using silicon filler. Although I have never tried it before, it should work. If it doesn't work, don't come find me later yah Big Grin

Silicon filler, like those used to fill up the gap in your bathroom tiles and sink, are rubber-like and more flexible than grout. So slight movement will not cause it to breakout from the tiles gap and will hold the tiles better.

RE: tiles loose - nooruz - 04-02-2018

Hi thanks for all the advice. I finally got a contractor to fix the tiles.. just retile ie. replaced a few pieces tile with new simen underneath. Cost me a few hundred RM but better than retiling the whole floor later! Now the floor feels more solid when I step on it.. hehe.