Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
How to choose kitchen Hood, Hob & Oven ?
(06-12-2017, 07:17 PM)Icebomb Wrote: cannot hack, looking for recycle hood. How is Fotile EMS9021r compared to other brands?

For recycle hood, you cant get something with high suction, u need a balance and an optimum suction power. Recycle hood suck in the smoke & oil, filter them and blow back out at the top. So, if the suction power is too strong, there is not enough time for the filters to pick up oil and odor, moreover the strong wind blowing out at the top will blow away the smoke at the bottom as per video demo.

Besides the optimum suction power, u need good filtration system as well. Before u compare spec with other brands, do ask the seller to show u a sample of a charcoal filter, then compare it with FOTILE EMS9021r, definitely the fotile 1 looks better. 

[Image: mesh.jpg]

if you would like to know more, you may read up my blog as well
http://zheilwane.blogspot.my/2017/11/ems...-hood.html

(06-12-2017, 06:44 AM)Joemax Wrote: saw Livinox in exhibition, it has auto clean and they are giving huge discounts, 50% cheaper than Electrolux. But wife prefer Electrolux . . . . . why should i pay more ? Is Livinox reliable ?

Livinox is OEM brand from china. I doubt the auto clean actually works, i m using an oven at home, even heating up at 250 degree celcius, there is still oil and grease sticking all over the oven. If heat could melt oil, the oil & greasy should be at the bottom of the oven and not all over it.

From what i know, livinox temperature is definitely not more than 70 degree, hence, how could it work>? DO ask them if the hood is still oily inside, do they give warranty n free cleaning Smile
BUILDERS HARDWARE ENTERPRISE
46, Jalan Ambong 1, Kepong Baru
Tel : 03-62572412
Biz Hour : Mon - Sat, 9am - 6pm
(05-12-2017, 09:01 PM)zheilwane Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 02:57 PM)Yuki Wrote: went to exhibition, sincero claims that using their electric hob, we do not need to get a hood as there will be very minimal smoke and smell, is that true?

For a budget of RM 3k, what would you recommend?

Not true, u will still have smoke and odor problem. Check the youtube video below, skip to 2min 30sec. Searing a beef steak using induction cooker, lots of smoke generated as well.

For RM 3k, i would recommend u to get Fotile EMS 9020 + GCG 90201. If u cook a lot, u might wanna get GCG 90301 as this is the best 3 burner hob, able to cook with all 3 wok/pots at the same time.
[Image: YYBnFXE.png]

if u need more info, can also read up my blog
http://zheilwane.blogspot.my/2017/11/fot...90201.html

That is what i thought, doesnt sound right. Thanks for the clarification. Any disadvantages of electric hobs over gas? Considering to get electric hob, fotile has it also right, what is your promo now
when it comes to cooking, i still prefer GAS. YOu need to take extra care on the electric ceramic hob, if u like stir fry like Chinese style and flip food on a pan or wok, u might scratch or damage the glass. Need special cleaner as well to maintain the glass.

If u seldom cook and prefer consistency in flame power rather strong flame power, then electric is your choice.

YES fotile do sell electric hobs as well using German Made quality heating element and ceramic glass
(06-12-2017, 12:05 AM)zheilwane Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 11:17 PM)Spidey Wrote: How about Robam are they good? Was looking at rinnai until i was introduced to Robam. They claim that they have the strongest suction power hood.

Yes Robam is famous for strong suction and the tornado method of suction. However, with the stronger the suction power, the noisier the hood. I dont sell robam so cant tell u much but u may check with the seller and see how they reply you

1) If your suction  power is so high, is your hood very noisy? If not noisy, what technology or insulation used to reduce noise level? If none = he is lying.

2) From what i know, the best method of smoke & oil extraction is to get the hood as near as the pot/wok (less distance) so some people got for slanted hood like FOTILE JQG9009s. So by using tornado method, wont the distance increased ? standard chimney hood installation heigh is 750mm, by spinning upwards instead of going straight up, wont that increases the distance from 750mm to 1000mm or more? why would that be better? And with the high speed rotation like a tornado, wont that seperate oil out from the smoke and causing the surrounding area to be oily?

Sounds logic, so how about Rinnai? RH-K709 hood with RB-93UG hob
For budget of rm 2k what would your recommend then?
(08-12-2017, 12:08 AM)Joemax Wrote: For budget of rm 2k what would your recommend then?

If really on a tight budget. Rubine boxline2 + pepper2b is only rm1499, performance is not bad for the price

(05-12-2017, 11:17 PM)Spidey Wrote: Sounds logic, so how about Rinnai? RH-K709 hood with RB-93UG hob

Rb-93ug i notice the burners on the right are too narrow, u cant use the two burners at the same time. Fotile gcg 90301.is the best three burners hob with extra wide 900mm design. You can use a 40cm or 16" diameter wok and not blocking the other burners. With dual low flame control (inner and outer ring low flame at the same time). 3.8kW eco burner design tested to be as strong as other brand 5kW, hence rh-k709 with 5.5kW is slightly stronger.

Rh-k709 hood suction power.is only 1153m3/h and does not have added features to improve suction. Main selling point is the nano light only.
having problem with making a 7" hole for fotile. Contractor told me there is no 7" pipe only 6 and 8". How do your contractors install the hood?
(08-12-2017, 11:53 AM)King Wrote: having problem with making a 7" hole for fotile. Contractor told me there is no 7" pipe only 6 and 8". How do your contractors install the hood?

If installed by my installer, he manually hack the hole nicely. ALternatively, find a 5L paint can, measure and make sure the diameter is 7", wrap with newspaper and cement it to the wall. When cement dries up, pull out the paint can.

[Image: hOIGUeo.jpg]
So wat is the difference? Why fotile cost so much more than rubine? Both also china products. Rm 1500 for hood n hob seems like a very good deal
(08-12-2017, 10:34 PM)Joemax Wrote: So wat is the difference? Why fotile cost so much more than rubine? Both also china products. Rm 1500 for hood n hob seems like a very good deal

Rubine is malaysia brand OEM in China

Fotile is their own brand made in China and ranked no1 for High End Kitchen Appliances in China. Moreover, fotile has its own R&D center with many patented technology invented to improve their product performance.

Durability wise, i would say RUBINE is also very durable, rarely got problem but performance wise fotile would b better.